Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Da Book & Da Film

I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon but sometimes a youthworker has to do things in the name of duty. I read the Da Vinci Code and went to see the film.

I enjoyed the film more than I thought...because of the company, Gordon (UrbanArmy), Keeley (Still Deciding) & Thomas (Just Another Hippie) and because of the popcorn and because we sat up front...the only place to sit in a cinema to get an 'in your face experience'. The film was enhanced by the fact that Thomas and I played the 'spot the dramatic deviation from the book game'...a long convoluted title for a game befitting the long convoluted nature of what it was based on. My bum was numb by the end of the film but I didn't get bored and it did make me jump, more than once...although it only elicited one scream from my lips (this was pretty good going considering I knew what was going to happen next having just read the book this week).

Oh and I did check if I was sitting on the Grail or if it was under my seat...(hint:my full name). I will read though Holy Blood & The Holy Grail and Sophie's World again...as I had forgotten how good they were and The DaVinci Code reminded me.

Check out differences between the book and film here.

2 Comments:

At 15/6/06 10:25 am, Blogger Thomas said...

hey roz it was a great night at the cinema. i couldnt help but notice the dirty looks we got as we walked out. those people dont understand our humour. after i try and read those two books you gave me ill attempt that holy blood holy grail.

enjoy your current book

peace out.....the free ranged chicken!

 
At 15/6/06 11:58 am, Blogger Keeley said...

see i thought that someone was going to throw something at us at the start lol. I updated my blog yay for me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home