Sunday, April 13, 2008

London Marathon 2008

So every year we check out the London Marathon. It isn't hard to do when it runs along the bottom of a nearby street. Every year I think either I wouldn't do it or couldn't do it even if I wanted to do it.

This year I have had knee problems more than ever but this year I'm thinking of running more than ever. Not a marathon and initially not even on the ground. I've just had a gym induction which just might have me back on the road to running again but on the treadmill first while I build up the strength in my legs.

My cousin Christine's recently got in contact with me on Facebook and she's planning to run the Dublin half-marathon in June. I'd love to join her but I'll be happy to be able to do 5k and enjoy it.

I wouldn't even be entertaining the notion had it not been for the state of the art equipment at the gym...the little screen on the treadmill with speed, distance, programmes, goals, a heart monitor, fan, incline adjustor and by far the most important feature the TV.

So this week I begin my Couch Potato to 5k Running Plan and still get to watch TV doing it!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home