Thursday, May 18, 2006

Blog 2004

Looked at some experiments in blogging I did in 2004...didn't realise it was that far back...One blog called Blogzor has only 2 posts...the following:

Monday, July 12, 2004
AIMING OFF

A navigational term for setting a bearing a few degrees to the side of a feature like a bridge, to be able to know if you turn a certain direction and follow the river you will come across the bridge rather than aiming for the bridge and missing it, not knowing which side you are of it. Used also in conversation when you don't want to say what is really on your mind or if you think that getting straight to the point might mean the other person's defences coming up and missing the point. You want to say what it is the person is doing that you don't agree with but you are hoping that if you start at a place on the side of the argument you are sure of, that you will be able to follow the thread of it to the point at which you want to be. Which is fine if the river doesn't burst its banks, or you are forced to take an alternative route or the bridge collapses or there are two bridges and only one is shown on the map. Sometimes its better taking the direct route - at least then you both know where you stand.
¶ 11:30 PM

Sunday, July 11, 2004
LAST BREATH WORDS

With your last dying breath you're not going to say a word like 'cucumber', it's too cumbersome...no really. Whereas 'beauty' would do it. Say it 'beauty'. You can hear your breath being taken away, like beauty should do. Now 'beautiful', strangely enough doesn't work because the 'ful' just swallows up the breath, just drawing it back in, which would mean it was your second last breath rather than your last. Of course if you have experimented at all in the last few seconds or just read this aloud you'll have found the perfect 'last breath word' is 'breath'.
¶ 12:49 AM
Saturday, July 31, 2004

The other blog called Running Away has only 1 post:

INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY

PART 1

Hide in your duvet
Eat chocolate or fruit if you want to be healthy
Take some deep belly-breaths - ie not from chest but belly
Count all the reasons for not running away
If you can't think of any - talk to someone who can
If you can't stay - make it a planned exit - maybe walk in an orderly fashion away
If you have to stay maybe get away in your head - try writing, try blogging
And periodically go back to the start again - you never know what might change

posted by zor at 2:49 AM

I think that I thought back then that blogging seemed like a good idea...I'm not sure anymore. I don't know what I want from it still. If there is any point. I don't know why I have gone back to writing it. Perhaps because I feel guilty that I am not writing creatively or its just a bit of self indulgence and all it does is waste time.

I began with grand ideas starting this blog WaysToMakeTheWorldABetterPlace Imagining I would follow my endeavours (in documentary style reportage)in trying to make the world a better place. And I don't know why.

Its moved on from there and I suppose it will evolve into whatever I need from it or I will stop writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home