Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mistakes

I made a pretty big one Monday night. I lost my keys. Saying that, I lose my keys most days and they always turn up. Its not really very responsible of me to put my keys down and forget where I have left them. I do the same with my phone but there aren't the health and safety issues associated with that as there is with the keys of the centre and anyway as I always say 'my phone is so cheap no one will nick it.'

Monday night however, it was where I had left my keys that was particularly bad. For an hour and a half while club was on, my keys sat on the step in front of the door of club. I don't know which I was more amazed about, the fact I had left them there or the fact they were still there at the end of club.

Sadly I haven't even learned from this mistake. I already knew that I shouldn't leave my keys on the doorstep for just anyone to find.

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.

Oscar Wilde

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Mahatma Gandhi

Mistakes are the portals of discovery

James Joyce

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.

George Bernard Shaw


Okay I have had some experience, some freedom, checked out the portals of discovery and had a life, so far that has been marginally more useful than a life spent doing nothing....
And thinking about it I have learned something - I'm not afraid to make mistakes!

1 Comments:

At 28/6/06 11:06 am, Blogger Keeley said...

i knew you was goin to post about your keys lol. i think the reason why nobody touched your keys was because they thought that there must be some conspiracy. nobody could be that stupid. Well apart from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home