Monday, September 11, 2006

Graffiti from Ireland

A bit like
Greetings from Ireland.
...only written on walls & more Banksy...


What more of an invitation could u want...Please use free canvas? ...well thank u very much I will avail myself of the opportunity...thank u (this was a re-construction of the communication between the person who painted this on the wall and the graffiti artists who then proceeded to take up the offer by painting the following on the length of wall )...


Some were obviously more gifted than others...and the sizes ranged from A4 to three and four times the size.


This one, with the Dino & spray paint, I'm sure I've seen somewhere else before...it may be copied...anyone else spot this one somewhere else...I do like it though..the phrase 'Painting the town red' comes to mind...


As for this one...hardly what u would expect to see as graffiti...



I particularly like the sharp style of these two portraits (one is on the wall the other on metal)...reminds me of the silhouette cuttings people used to do before photography.

And if this isn't Banksy-like...I don't know what is.

5 Comments:

At 12/9/06 9:11 pm, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

seeing all this makes me realise how much i wanna do art!

 
At 13/9/06 6:59 pm, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

Yay!!!!!

 
At 13/9/06 11:42 pm, Blogger Thomas said...

Lol i now wish i picked art for GCSE's !

 
At 14/9/06 10:32 am, Blogger Keeley said...

lol

 
At 14/9/06 4:48 pm, Blogger Sarah YEAH? said...

i wish i picked it 4 a-level, but apparently they have reach there limit of only 15 people on the course... but they said cos im a good and hard working student they said they mite let me do it... fingers crossed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home