Friday, January 19, 2007

Cold Water on Fresh Blood

Cold water, it seems is what to use to remove fresh blood. I checked it on the internet, as one does. If my hoodie hadn't been a very light shade of grey perhaps I wouldn't have bothered, or if it hadn't been new and the recent Christmas present from my brother and also my favouritist hoodie-de-jour.

Of course if the boy, who's shoulder's I put it round, had friends who would have given him one of their jackets (jackets which were all darker than mine) then perhaps I needn't have had to go to this trouble.

And if I hadn't walked home the way I went.
And if I hadn't stopped.
And if I hadn't asked, after bandaging his head, if he was cold...worried about him being in shock.

Actually it would have been a lot easier if I had never gone on a First Aid Course at all...(especially not the most recent one last week) ... I woudn't have felt half as confident with heading into the situation and my hoodie would still be in mint condition.

If you want to keep your hoodie clean, don't do First Aid.

(PS. I will keep you updated as to the condition of my hoodie - I know we are all concerned)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 23/1/07 11:24 am, Blogger Keeley said...

i'll bring him up club. what night is best

 
At 28/1/07 8:25 pm, Blogger Wendy said...

try cold, salty water. Quite tragic that I know that piece of trivia. Have just watched "Pay It Forward" so I hope you told the young man to go and do something good for three other people. Hope you had a good weekend in your 5 star hostel.

 
At 31/1/07 4:10 pm, Blogger Trent said...

maybe that is why I prefer to be ignorant. Ignorance may not very flattering, effective or even pleasant but it does simplify things, until I get convicted about stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home