Monday, July 24, 2006

Puma Sighting

The conversation went like this...

Vicky: You will never guess what I saw today?
Me: A leopard?
Vicky: No, but once I thought I saw a puma but it turned out to be a black dog.

And the conversation continued with ribbing on my part and then when Vicky finished voluteering with us a leaving gift of a Children's Encyclopeia of Animals with book marks at the pages with illustrations of a puma and a dog.

Now I feel bad about the ribbing - I just read an episode in Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries where he was woken by the sound of scratching on the half door of the barn on land where there had been puma sightings. The scratching got louder. He saw two fierce eyes come at him from the dark. He raised his gun and shot the creature...only to find it was his hosts dog!

Sorry Vicky...seems its an easy mistake to make...

2 Comments:

At 24/7/06 8:08 pm, Blogger Thomas said...

its all coming together!

je fais mon lit

 
At 25/7/06 12:14 am, Blogger Roz Lynch said...

pardonnez moi?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home