Friday, November 10, 2006

Blink

In September I read Malcolm Gladwell's book The Tipping Point and wanted everyone else to read it and then give it back to me so I could re-read it and so we could all talk about it.

Gladwell's book
Blink is another 'quick read' - I call it that because it is one of those books like The Tipping Point where you have it read before you know it - this is because you are so engrossed in the unfolding of the ideas and the illumination of what in hindsight can only be called the 'blindingly obvious'.

Blink clears up why sometimes split-second decisions can be spot on as if instinctive & why, because of barriers such as prejudice, they can spell disaster (Wikipedia Article)

And if you think you are not prejudiced, do as the book suggests - an IAT (Implicit Association Test) and see if you still feel the same way. They have all sorts from gender and age to race and sexuality.

And if you don't have enough, you can always check out Gladwell's Blog - I haven't quite made my mind up on it - I will give it a go...and if it appears on my Blogroll then you will know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home